Welcome to Fansite Cloud Forum! We are thrilled to give you a warm welcome to this space.
Our mission is to give a centralised platform that provides quality and helpful resources that can assist you to build and run your site to the highest standard. While Fansite Cloud tailors its resources with fansite owners in mind all other website owners and/or developers are welcome to join. To that end, we will be working hard to ensure that we align our actions with that purpose. These Community Guidelines should not only help you understand how to act within the community but also help you understand what to expect from others in this space.
These Community Guidelines are overarching, meaning, they cover the expectations overall, it is important to note that some forums have their own specific guidelines and it is important you familiarise yourself with those guidelines before posting in those forums.
1. Registration and Account Access
- All registrations require administration approval - this is to filter out spam bots and undesirables (i.e. those who have been permanently banned and are attempting to return).
- Sharing access to your account is prohibited.
- Accounts representing website hosting companies are not permitted, however, you are welcome to join as an individual providing you do not advertise your company.
2. Misrepresentation and Copyright
- Do not impersonate others.
- Do not represent designs and/or other work as your own unless you created it yourself.
- Do not repost tutorials or other content from this forum on other platforms unless you have permission from the owner of the material.
- If a user creates a tutorial from another source a linkback to the original source is required.
3. Celebrity Photos and Image Accounts
- Posting, trading or selling celebrity photos is strictly forbidden.
- Posting, trading or selling image accounts is strictly forbidden.
4. Illegal Material, Pornography and Exploitation Material
- Do not post illegal material (i.e. torrents, warez or links to material that is illegally obtained).
- Pornography and exploitation material is prohibited.
5. Posting Etiquette
- Please post all topics in the correct forum.
- You may only bump your topic if it falls to the second page.
- Do not post spam.
- Do not harass other users.
- Do not make defamatory statements against others.
- Do not engage in hate speech.
- Do not post racist, transphobic, homophobic, biphobic or xenophobic remarks.
- Do not engage in statements that marginalise or disenfranchise other users.
- Do not make threatening and/or violent statements toward others (i.e. death threats, threatening abuse etc.).
- The word filter is off because we are all adults and know right from wrong - swearing in context is acceptable, swearing to abuse others is not acceptable.
- Do no slander or abuse others on the basis of religion.
- Users conduct at all times must be without malice, harm and always be above reproach.
6. Consequences of Noncompliance
When a breach of the Community Guidelines occurs staff will give users sufficient opportunity to address the behaviour via the Warning System before decisions are made whether to temporarily or permanently ban a users account. There are some exceptions to this and these will be outlined at the conclusion of this section.
- Stage 0 - Staff have the discretion to issue an informal warning via private message.
- Stage 1 - Staff issues user one (1) warning point.
- Stage 2 - Staff issues user one (1) warning point - user has a total of two (2) warning points.
- Stage 3 - Staff issues user one (1) warning point - user has a total of three (3) warning points.
- Stage 4 - Staff will make a decision whether to temporarily ban the users for 7 days or whether to issue a permanent ban based on the severity of the breach.
Note: Following being issued a warning point the user is required to acknowledge the reason for the warning before they are able to post again.
Exceptions to the Warning System
In some circumstances the breach will be considered so serious staff will bypass the Warning System and immediately issue a permanent ban.